Friday 1 February 2013

Somebody That I Used to Know

Amelia,

No blog about your life would be complete without talking about your love for the song 'Somebody that I Used to Know' by Goyte. Except you don't call it that, you call it 'dun dun dunDundun' which is the first few bars of the song. And since this is a popular song, there has been many cover versions of it and you can tell each one pretty much just by hearing the first few bars. You stumbled upon the music video while poking around YouTube and that's what got you hooked.

The video is of a seemingly naked guy who as he sings gets painted into the mural behind him. Now everytime you get naked for the bath or your pj's or whatever you always say "I don't want the paint to come on me!" You think that everyone who is naked for a long amount of time gets painted. Poor kid. I hope we haven't damaged you by letting you watch that video (for the record, it only shows his leg and head, nothing else...we're not horrible parents).

Every night you ask Dad and me to tell you a story about when you were a baby. Which we happily do. Also, after dinner you sit on my lap (at the table, while you finish your last few bites) and ask me to tell you a 'Panda Mia' story. Which is basically a recount of that day's events. It always starts the same: "Once upon a time there was a little panda called Mia. One day Mia woke up and said 'is today a school day?" and Mommy Panda said 'yes' (or 'no' depending on the day). And then we talk about the day. It's become the best way to get you to tell us what you do at school...or at least you tell us what Panda Mia did at school. ;)

Dad reminded me that someday I'll really miss you wanting me to tell you stories. You still love to climb up on my lap and you're getting so tall and big, it's not as comfortable for either of us, but you still love it (so do I). It occurred to me last night that all too soon, you won't want to cuddle on my lap with me. I'll be so sad when that day comes. I love our cuddles. You're my special girl and Dad and I are so proud at how big you're getting, but we do still miss our little baby. ;)

You're at school now and I really hope you've had a good day. You're working on writing your name and have been reading the story 'Jack and the Beanstock'. I love how much you love to learn

I pretty much just love you, kiddo!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment