Thursday 31 January 2013

Catch up

Oh Amelia,

I have such great intentions on keeping this blog better updated for you. I'm so sorry it isn't what I wanted it to be. You're such a joy in our lives. You're also kind of a pill sometimes, but most of the time you're a joy. ;) You're so funny. You come up with the funniest situations and ideas. Like the other day you came up to me and showed me your hands and said they were called 'ilda' and 'olga' and when 'olga' started tickling you, you came to me laughing, "Mom, olga is tickling me', when it was you doing it to yourself the entire time. Your hands also hit you sometimes and you will come to complain to me about that also.

You're doing so well in school. You still love playing with Oskar and as far as I can tell, he's very nice to you (I can't say that about how he is with all the kids, he's a bit of an alpha male). You still have to sit on your special chair and have one of the teachers read a book with you, but then you're off and playing. You love playing outside (your current favorite games are 'chasing game' and football). We had about a week of snow recently (very rare for London) and you loved bundling up and going outside.

Also, this past Christmas we were able to fly to Utah to see Grandma and Grandpa Kinsel and all your aunts and uncles and cousins! You loved it. You loved playing with your cousins Sarah and Norah and you and Janie even played together a few times. It was so much fun to see you get to know my family and to see them get to know you. You have a very hybrid type of accent and all your American family loved to hear you say certain words. Once we were eating lunch at the bowling alley with Aunt Mak and you saw people bowling and you said 'I want to have a go at that game' which is a very common (yet very British) saying here, your dad and I didn't even notice it, but Aunt Mak thought it was the cutest thing she'd ever heard.

You always tell me things you learned from school (well sort of). I'll hear you sing songs from there and lately you've started singing primary songs. You sound so sweet singing with your little voice.

Speaking of primary, you started Sunbeams and surprisingly (to me anyway) you love it! On the very first day you went in, sat on a chair and said "Just go Mom..." so I went. I couldn't believe you were serious. Usually you're a little more clingy than that. I couldn't believe the girl who was still struggling in Nursery was telling me to go. But you meant it and you haven't looked back. You love the fact that you're in class with Perry, he's one of your very best friends. I'm so proud of you.

You love to draw, the other day you were looking at George the Monkey and noticing things about him and you'd add it to the paper. You'd say 'Mom, George has a curly tail!' and then you'd add a curly tail to the picture. Or hair, or his smile. You're so clever.

I love you so much Mia, you are my light. Dad and I have been trying really, really hard to give you a brother or sister...but unfortunately it hasn't worked. We hate that. But we're so, so grateful to have you in our lives. You bring us so much joy and I hope you know that, even if we're cranky sometimes or we do things you don't agree with. You're so very special to us and we're trying our best to help you grow up to be a good, kind, loving person.

So far, you're right on track!

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment