Thursday 20 October 2011

Cheeky!

Oh Amelia! How clever you are! You are so 2 right now, you will throw huge temper tantrums at the drop of a hat. But it's not enough to just throw the fit, you need an audience to witness it! Recently you dragged me into the kitchen and pointed to the food cupboard and requested 'choco chips' I told you 'no', but that you could have some Cheerios instead (you call them 'chew chews'). You immediately threw yourself onto the ground and pitched the biggest fit of all time. You kept wailing and pointing to the cupboard screaming for choco chips. I decided the best way to deal with it was to leave you at it, so I went into the living room. As I turned to leave, you got even more upset and started yelling 'Mummy there! Mummy there!', I said that I was going to go into the living room as long as you were misbehaving.

So I went into the living room and sat down, you kept crying in the kitchen. Eventually you came into the living room, shoulders heaving...you again ordered me to go back into the kitchen to give you some choco chips. I offered you juice instead. You cried and carried on for a bit longer...but I just turned my head (I knew you wanted the attention). Eventually you settled down and tearfully said 'chew chews?'

I felt like the world's best parent as I graciously stood up to take you back into the kitchen to get you your chew chews, as soon as we stepped into the kitchen, you pointed to the food cupboard (not where we keep the cheerios) and said 'choco chips?' Of course I said 'no' and of course you had another fall down fit.

I still don't know whether to be impressed that you were clever enough to lure me into the kitchen like that, or scared because your mind is thinking that way and you're only two!

Even when throwing huge temper tantrums, you're still the world's cutest kid.

Oh, and eventually you settled down and we compromised on juice. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment