Friday 4 November 2011

So cute!

Amelia, today you're being so darn cute. Sometimes I just look at you and wonder if it's possible to love you even more than I do. Just when I think my heart is full to the brim with love for you, you do something absolutely adorable that makes me realize exactly what the term 'unconditional love' means.

Today we were coloring. We sat at your little table and I was attempting to color different 'scenes'. One of those was a castle. You wanted me to draw a horse, and I'm not exactly a great artist, so I started trying to draw a horse. You looked at it and said 'baa baa...sheep'! You were so proud that you'd recognized my sheep. So I pretended that's what I was going for all the time. Then I tried another horse. This one looked more horse-like, I know this because you looked over from your drawing and gave me an appreciative 'neigh'. Then I drew a knight (stick figure...of course). You thought that was great. And then you started chattering on and on and I could only catch the words 'sheep' and 'horse'.

Normally I can understand 95% of what you say, but when you get going, sometimes I'm completely lost. But it was obvious you were making up a story about the sheep and horse and castle and you went on and on with such great inflection. You were dead serious explaining it to me and I wish I knew what some of those things you said were.

I love you so much! You're so charming and adorable. It almost makes up for the times when you're not so charming and adorable (okay it totally does).

No comments:

Post a Comment